2022–2023 SAT/ACT Prep**
Summer Opportunities (online only)
- SAT or ACT 101 Workshop (FREE)
These free two-hour sessions are designed to give students insight into the SAT and ACT exams as well as provide tips for test day. In these sessions, one of our professional tutors will teach core test-taking strategies, including a dive into the exam content and structure, how to avoid common traps, and how to create the best plan for success. This review session is not meant to significantly boost scores.
- Tuesday, June 14 – SAT 101 workshop – 9am – 11am
- Tuesday, June 21 – ACT 101 workshop – 9am – 11am
- Practice Tests ($10 donation requested)
- Thursday, June 16 – SAT practice test – 9am – 1pm
- Thursday, June 23 – ACT practice test – 9am – 1pm
- Webinar: Insider’s Guide to College Admissions Testing (FREE)
- Tuesday, June 28 – 5pm – 6pm
- Go to the Revolution Prep-Carlmont partnership page to register for any of the summer events above.
2022-2023 Tentative Practice Test dates (online only)
Partnership with Revolution Prep
Full-length, proctored Practice Tests administered online
- Saturday, November 5, 2022 – ACT practice test
- Saturday, November 12, 2022 – SAT practice test
- Saturday, February 4, 2023 – SAT or ACT practice test (choose one when you register)
- Saturday, April 22, 2023 – SAT or ACT practice test (choose one when you register)
Materials will be emailed to students 24 hours before the exam.
Every exam comes with a free 30-minute score report review with Revolution Prep’s testing expert to assess specific strengths and areas of improvement.
Registration will open Fall 2022, with the deadline to register occuring the Thursday before each exam.
- You will go to the Revolution Prep-Carlmont partnership page and select the exam of your choice.
- A donation of $10 will be requested.
- You will schedule your free Score Report Review with a Revolution Prep Academic Advisor on their appointment page: https://my.revolutionprep.com/northwest.
For questions or requests to waive the $10 donation for the practice tests, contact Sue Kim-Ahn, PTSA SAT/ACT Prep Volunteer
- For information on the OFFICIAL administration of these exams, go to CollegeBoard for the SAT exam, and ACT for the ACT exam.
- The PSAT is administered by the school. More information is available from CollegeBoard.
- The University of California is changing their ACT/SAT test score requirements, beginning with applications for the Class of 2021.
** For the Class of 2023 and beyond:
Due to limited testing availability during the COVID-19 pandemic, several colleges changed their SAT/ACT requirements for students who applied for Fall 2021 admission. Some of those changes were temporary. Please check with the specific colleges to which you will be applying to verify what their SAT/ACT requirements will be for your application process!
- Test Optional: Neither ACT or SAT are required with the application, but if scores are submitted, they will be reviewed.
- Test Blind: ACT or SAT scores will not be looked at even if scores are submitted.
- Test Flexible: Students may substitute other tests such as single subject, AP, IB scores in lieu of SAT or ACT.